Are you a senior portfolio manager and investment strategist – motivated by the layer of investment complexity an insurers balance sheet offers – and do you want to be at the centre of investments at NN Group?
The Investment Office (IO) is a shared service and Centre of Expertise for the Insurance Business Units (BU) of NN Group. The IO is primary responsible for managing the full investment process; starting from defining the investment strategy, performing a Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) study and translating it into an investment plan and coordinating a consistent and robust implementation.
Within the IO, the Asset Allocation team is responsible for a wide range of tasks, such as, performing the ALM/SAA studies for NN Group Dutch BU’s, advising and reviewing these for the international BU’s, developing market views, formulating the key risk-return assumptions and initiating new investment proposals.
The team is also involved in the investment guidelines calibration, portfolio construction, monitoring and evaluation for public market investment strategies.
We are looking for a Senior Portfolio Manager / Investment Strategist with a proven track record that can deal with the increasing complexity and dynamics of capital markets – which includes the various challenges arising from (changes in) financial market regulations and accounting standards.
Your main responsibilities:
- To create a monthly Investment view of market developments, macro-outlook and longer-term public/private asset class preferences from a Liability Driven Investment (LDI) and an Asset Driven Investment (ADI) perspective.
- To chair and prepare the monthly Investment meeting, taking into account recent macro-economic data releases / trends, market developments and outlook, and public/private asset class developments.
- To generate ideas to optimize the economic risk-return of our current investments and analyse potential new asset investments, per the stated BU’s objectives and constraints, and ensure to guide your ideas through the whole decision-making process.
- To assist in undertaking SAA studies for the various BU’s – mapping each BU’s balance sheet onto our Asset Universe, and create deterministic real-world economic scenarios and assist in calibrating stochastic real-world scenarios. To share the responsibility for setting risk-return assumptions and optimal asset allocation selection.
- To do ongoing monitoring and evaluation of (internal and external) selected Public Fixed Income portfolio managers as it relates to the BU’s investment plan and mandate guidelines.
- To do ongoing monitoring and evaluation of financial markets and macro-economic developments and ensure that investments remain in line with BU’s risk appetite and, if required, pro-actively suggest risk-mitigating actions.
- To keep up-to-date with the changes in regulatory and accounting frameworks, as well as the impact of new technology on the investment and risk management decisions of an insurer.
Your experience and skills:
- You have a minimum of 10 years working experience[T3] ,[HP(4] preferably as an investment strategist/economist or fixed income portfolio manager at an asset manager for a large insurer or as an asset consultant.
- You have the ability to quickly grasp and understand how changes in financial and capital markets can impact on an insurers balance sheet and have experience on how asset allocations are implemented at an insurer.
- You have a relevant Masters’ degree, preferably in economics, econometrics or finance.
- You are passionate about analysing and understanding financial markets and are driven by the layer of complexity it brings to the investments of an insurer.
- You are able to deliver sound investment strategy research, and can present your ideas and views to a whole array of different stakeholders.
- You are a structured, proactive and capable team player, ready to take on your responsibilities within the team and able to work and network across multiple stake holders and teams.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing – knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
You will work in a team of 4 professionals, including yourself, that each have their area of attention.
- A work environment that is characterized by a professional atmosphere and collegiality;
- Plenty of opportunities to develop yourself, craftsmanship and development are our top priority;
- The opportunity to work together with professional and expert colleagues with the aim to continuously exceed the expectations of the various internal clients;
- Modern compensations & benefits with room for your own choices.
This is a function in scale 13 for 40 hours and the location is The Hague.
How to apply
Would you like to apply for this job? Then apply directly by clicking on the button below this vacancy.
you have questions or do you need more information on this job, please call Derick le Roux (hiring manager) on phone number 06-11164892. Any questions about the application process? Please call Recruiter Mina Bahaj on phone number 0615066245.
Please note that only applications with CV and motivation letter will be dealt with. An assessment can be part of this procedure.
Acquisition based on this vacancy will not be appreciated.