Senior Portfolio Manager : Investment Solutions & Structuring
Within the Alternative Credit boutique of NN Investment Partners (NN IP) we are looking for an experienced portfolio manager / structurer with private debt origination expertise to join our Investment Solutions & Structuring team, which develops and manages innovative investment solutions for the general account and third party asset management clients of NN IP.
Department and role
Investment Solutions & Structuring is a dynamic team within the boutique, responsible for a rapidly growing portfolio of innovative private debt-focused strategies and solutions. In addition to developing a range of innovative hedging & access solutions for private debt, the team has pioneered investment strategies in Government Loans and Export / Trade Finance markets within which it now manages a multi-billion Euro portfolio consisting of both mandates and funds.
The investment ambitions of our clients may be simply risk or return focused, but often also are informed by ALM, accounting, or regulatory capital considerations. We work closely to identify and align with these, and make use of structured finance techniques to help them to efficiently express this positioning via tailored investment solutions. As such, our asset focus is broad and can vary widely both in terms of investment risk (underlying exposures and objectives), and delivery (fixed income instruments, structured finance vehicles, sometimes including the use of derivatives).
As a Senior Portfolio Manager within the team, you will take a leading role in the full spectrum of the team’s activities, which are varied and challenging. Those encompass client contact, transaction origination and underwriting, structuring and financial engineering, risk management, project management, transaction execution, and portfolio management. Client focus and creativity are the cornerstones of our business. We strive towards an entrepreneurial, flexible and open culture, where we work collaboratively with teams across NN IP on initiatives that further improve overall performance and enable us to anticipate our clients’ evolving needs.
Your main responsibilities
- Lead the sourcing, underwriting, structuring, and execution of transactions for Export and Trade Finance mandates and funds.
- Lead negotiations, in conjunction with legal counsel, on transaction documentation. Project manage transactions including coordinating and managing multiple departments within the organization: Specifically, Risk, Legal, Compliance, and Operations.
- Monitor, develop, challenge and enhance current investment strategies.
- Initiate and research new investment ideas, write detailed technical transaction descriptions, lead and manage new investment approvals processes.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the macro investment landscape specifically with regard to regulatory changes and how these translate into opportunities and threats for our clients.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative advice to other teams on complex or non-standard investment proposals.
Your experience and skills
- Relevant university degree (Masters in a technical discipline preferred)
- CFA / CAIA preferred
- Fluent in English and business English to a full and professional standard of comprehension of legal documentation
- Fluency in Dutch, German or French a plus
- At least 7-10 years experience in comparable position(s) at a bank, asset manager or other financial institution
- Expert knowledge of (alternative) fixed income instruments, their application and risk management
- Good working knowledge of key regulatory frameworks; Both accounting (IFRS standards), insurance capital (Solvency 2), and bank capital (Basel 3)
- Good working knowledge of loan & structured finance legal documentation formats
- Understanding/ practical experience of (Insurance) asset management preferred
Your key competencies
- Creativity: Proven ability to think conceptually and laterally
- Ability to proactively bring novel practical and pre-emptive solutions to clients
- Ability to operate at (and switch quickly between) high and low levels of analytical abstraction, both theoretically and practically
- Minute attention to detail
- Team player
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and persuasiveness
- Self-propelling, independent and determined
- Willingness and ability to fully oversee a full product development value chain, from concept to implementation
What we have to offer you
There is more than an average degree of creativity and entrepreneurship needed to build success in your area of expertise. NN Investment Partners offers a challenging work environment, and also gives something in return. We offer:
- The opportunity to strongly influence the future of an international asset manager/ insurer;
- An entrepreneurial and creative atmosphere that gives you the freedom to use your talent, express your ideas and execute them;
- A multicultural, professional and meritocratic environment with the possibility for accelerated career development;
- Modern working conditions that give flexibility for individual time management choices.
Application & contact
Please apply online via the link to ensure a smooth procedure. Note that applications via e-mail will not be considered. For more information regarding the role and/or selection procedure, contact Mina Bahaj via firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that you will work on local conditions and not on an expat contract.
Third party applications are not accepted.