Your impact as a Manager Modeling Services at NN
The Finance Transformation consists of 4 sub-departments: IFRS 17, Data Management, Financial Change and Modelling Services.
The modelling services team is responsible for the cashflow models, from source data analysis to implementing changes in the reporting processes related to the cashflow models. The Manager of Modelling Services is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Data Analysts and Quantitative Developers in the modelling team including training and coaching team members (about 15 people).
The two primary challenges in the coming years will be IFRS 17 implementation which will affect all cashflow models within the company and integrating finance reporting processes and systems (model & system rationalization). Besides people development, another key skill is managing stakeholders as the manager is also responsible for:
- Model ownership & point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. The Manager of Modelling Services will be the Model Owner, encompassing the whole NN Life balance sheet, contact point for Model Validation, DNB and internal and external Auditors
- Member of the Finance Transformation management team
- Member of the Model Committee
- Using your own initiative and ambition, you achieve excellent results:
- Deliver model redesigns and changes together with implementing IFRS 17
- Drive the changes (processes automation and systems rationalization)
- Develop and strengthen the high performing modelling team
We also care about you
Just as you in your role as Manager Modeling Services, indirectly care for our customers, we also take care of you. With great development opportunities and a pleasant working environment, you will have good reason to find going to work every day a pleasure. For your career development, we facilitate:
- On-the-job training and vocational training via our Learning & Development Center.
- Industry-specific conferences.
- In-house training and personal skills training.
Whatever we do, we do together in an environment full of freedom where your personality, talents and ideas count. For example, collaborating with another team is quite the norm and regularly leads to better outcomes. We have no thresholds within NN; everyone is readily accessible and willing to help each other.
Thanks to your efforts, we make our financial services relevant and more personal.
Whatever your supporting role within the business, you offer your honest opinion and enthusiastic approach to all you do. Your change-oriented attitude helps to encourage your colleagues.
We offer you modern employment conditions and generous employee benefits. For example, you have the option of taking extra vacation days. We are also working towards implementing Choose your own Device. You will receive your holiday allowance and year-end bonus with your salary every month, without restriction and readily available to you.
As a Manager of Modeling Services, you will work from our beautiful office located in Rotterdam, which is right next to the Rotterdam Central Station and offers an easy connection to other cities.
Critical skills of a Manager of Modeling Services
- Strong focus on people development and diversity minded
- Self-reflective and striving for continuous personal improvement and able to effectively provide feedback to improve peers and the modelling team
- Good analytics skills, result oriented, eager to learn and ambitious. Big picture understanding of complex ideas
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Finance and Risk; prior managerial experience is an advantage
- Great communication skills; able to communicate with senior stakeholders including board members
- Change minded and capable of driving change
- Able to communicate clearly in English.
Commit to NN
Are you seeking a dynamic position in an organisation where you are constantly challenging yourself? Then we would like to meet you. Upload your resume via the apply button.
Do you have any questions about the job? Then please email Aditi Parekh (Head of Finance Transformation) at Aditi.email@example.com. Questions about the application process? Please contact Marijke Tamsiran via +31(0)621369558.