The head of group actuarial reporting and oversight reports within the finance domain to the Chief Actuary of NN Group. You will manage a team of eight actuaries. With the team you are responsible for the following:
- Reviewing IFRS reserve adequacy, value new business and own fund movement reports from the business units and reporting consolidated group numbers;
- Actuarial oversight of business units, forming an opinion on reserving, underwriting and reinsurance practices in the units. Review of material model and assumption changes;
- Strengthening and coordinating the actuarial function/community within the Group, enabling best practice sharing;
- Advisory role on various strategic projects. Review of business plans;
- Ownership, maintenance and group-wide implementation of several group-wide policies and standards;
- Preparing external disclosures concerning solvency, capital generation and new business value creation;
- Contributing to the IFRS17 project, including the development of value metrics and analysis of actuarial choices.
Meet your team
The Chief Actuary Office is a small and international (6 different nationalities) team of highly skilled professionals. We value quality, high standards as well as life-work balance and each other. A pleasant environment to work in and plenty of opportunities to grow and learn.
NN is a large organization. If you start working with our team, you will work for NN Group.
- 10+ years’ experience in the insurance industry within the actuarial, finance and/or risk domain;
- Strong understanding of the insurance balance sheets and the actuarial assumptions that go into it;
- Strong analytical skills with an academic background in actuarial science, econometrics, mathematics or similar. Actuarial qualification is a strong pre;
- Structured way of organizing things, excellent coordination skills;
- Experienced manager, ability to set clear team objectives and priorities;
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, experience in interacting with senior management, regulators and external auditors;
- Fluency in English.
In addition, your personal qualities will play a decisive role.
We offer you
Naturally, our appreciation for our colleagues is reflected in our conditions of employment, which, for the most part, can be adapted to your own personal wishes. We offer you:
- The job is for 36-40 working hours a week and the location is The Hague.
- A position in job grade 14 (Managing Expert 2/3 hayscale 20/21), scaling depends on knowledge and experience;
- Starting with a one- year contract.
More information about our employee benefits can be found here.
How to apply
Are you the one we are looking for? Then apply directly by clicking the button below this vacancy. Do you have questions or do you need more information about the application process? Please call Recruiter Melanie Otto on +31615387298 or via Whats App (add job ID in your message).
More information about our application process can be found here.