As deputy CRO International you are responsible for risk in NN Group International and for translating the risk appetite into methodologies and policies to support and monitor management's control of risk. The deputy CRO International partially oversees the management of the risk of NN Group International and ensures that dashboards and other risk measurement tools are appropriately maintained and developed. The deputy CRO international function includes frequent travelling to the international CRO departments.
Your main responsibilities
Facilitate the execution of Risk Management processes and infrastructure
- Coordinate the risk management function for specific business units
- Formulate the risk management policies, governance and mandates (within the limits set by NN Group)
- Identify, monitor and report all risks and create sound frameworks to adequately manage risks
- Investigate, develop and implement best practice methods, procedures and techniques in enhancing the global risk function
- Establish proper documentation of policies, valuation methods as well as adherence to administrative procedures
Product and Service Assessment
- Proactively contribute to the risk analysis and risk mitigation ensuring a well-balanced trade-off between profitability and risk minimization
- Review new products and services, advice on and monitor investment strategies, safeguards, checks and balances for all (new) mandates, services and products
- Initiate and lead projects aiming to reduce impact of risks the Company and its stakeholders are exposed to
Risk Analysis and Assessment
- Establish and monitor risk budgets, risk appetite and limits
- Measure, monitor and assess risk and return on investment, mandates, products and benchmarks
- Investigate, implement and optimize best practice risk & return measurement, and analysis models, tools, methodologies and techniques
- Ensure appropriate periodical reporting on risks in the relevant investment portfolios, budget overruns and excesses of risk limits
- Maintain relationships with internal (across all business lines) and external stakeholders (e.g. CRO, clients, regulators, auditors and financial institutions)
Your experience and skills
- Managing the process of identifying and measuring the company’s and its clients risk exposure and risk appetite
- Developing, establishing and communicating sound risk management procedures, policies, governance and standards, developing risk management analysis reports, developing approval procedures and guidelines on risk limits
- Measuring, analyzing and risk managing investment portfolios and compositions
- Establishing and monitoring risk budgets and limits
- Reporting on (priority) risks, budget overruns and limits of risk budgets
- Enhancing the quality of internal processes and the risk profile of (investment) products
- Providing an independent view regarding proposed business plans, strategy development, direction and objectives of the company
- Great communication skills (verbal and oral fluency in English)
- Informal leadership
- Empowering other people
Application and contact
Would you like to appy? Then apply directly via the button under this vacancy. Questions about the application process? Call Recruiter René Schripsema, telephone +31 (6) 46260716 or by email email@example.com.
Only applications with CV and motivation letter will be taken in to consideration.
An assessment can be part of the application process.